Are you searching for a way to deal with a corrupted memory card? Then, you are at the right place. Here we provide you the easiest and simple 5 ways to repair corrupted memory card. There are many reasons behind the corruption of memory card. Once the memory card gets corrupted, the files stored in it becomes inaccessible. Now, let us learn 5 ways to repair corrupted memory card one by one.
Different methods to repair corrupted memory card:
Reinstalling the drivers: The first method to fix corrupted memory card is by reinstalling the drivers on your computer. The procedure to reinstall the drivers is given below:
- Right click on My Computer and click on Manage option
- Now, click on Device Manager on the left-hand side
- Next, double click on Disk Drives in the list and right click on the name of the memory card
- Click on Uninstall and press OK button
- Now, disconnect your memory card from the system and restart the computer
- Now plug in your memory card to the system and the PC may detect the memory card
Try fixing the corrupted memory card using Windows Explorer:
The most widely used method to fix corrupted memory card is by using Windows Explorer. For fixing corrupted memory card using Windows Explorer, follow below explained procedure
- Open My Computer on your PC
- Select the corrupted logical drive representing the memory card and just right click on it
- Now click on Format in the drop down menu
- Next click on Restore Device Defaults option in the pop-up window
- Click on Start for beginning the format process
- Hit on OK button in the next dialog box that will warn you that the data on the memory card will be lost. The format process will get complete in couple of minutes and you will have now an error free memory card
Try connecting the memory card to the other computer:
This method works successfully, if and only if the issue is with your PC. If so, try connecting the memory card to another PC. Hopefully, it may work and you are able to get back all your data from the card.
Change the drive letter:
Computers may fail to assign the drive letters like C, D, E, etc. to the storage Medias, and if this is the case, the memory card cannot be accessed. To resolve this issue, you need to assign the drive letter to your memory card. Hare is the procedure to fix corrupted memory card by assigning a correct drive letter
- Connect the corrupted memory card to a computer and turn on the system. Then right click on My Computer/This PC. Click on Manage in the drop down menu
- Next, click on Disk Management on the left-hand side and wait for few seconds so that Windows will load the virtual drive service
- Now right click on the memory card and select Change Drive Letter and Paths
- Click on the drive letter, which will turn blue and click on Change
- Finally select the drive from the drop down list and click OK
If you are unable to fix the memory card and get back your data, then the last option left out you is utilizing reliable memory card recovery tool like Remo Recover software.
Recover your data from corrupted memory card with Remo Recover:
In case, if you could not succeed in fixing the corrupted memory card using above four methods, then try with an extra-ordinary data recovery tool Remo Recover, which fixes the corrupted memory card to recover all your data files from it. In case you have formatted the corrupted memory card, you need not have to worry about the lost files, because Remo Recover software restores even formatted memory card data with ease. It supports all popular memory card types including Micro SD, SD, XD, SDXC, SDHC, MMC, CF card, etc.