Nothing would be more painful than losing our important and precious photos. Whether it may be due to accidental deletion, unintended formatting, or any other reason, but the result is all the same, we end up in losing our precious images from our computers.
If you have lost your memorable images from your computer, then do not worry, here are 3 ways to find lost pictures on computers. Now let us go through those 3 ways to recover deleted pictures on my computer that is running Windows operating system
How to find lost images on my computer?
Method 1: You can find lost files and folders via previous versions or shadow copies. Please follow below mentioned procedure to find lost photos
- Go to Start Menu and choose Computer to find the folder from where photos are lost
- Just right click on the folder and select Restore Previous Versions option
- You will now see a list of all previous versions of the folder that you selected, select the version which you want to restore
- Now, move the deleted or lost photo files to a new memory location
By using this method, you can surely rollback all your image files or folder to a previous version with which all the image files will be intact on your computer
Method 2: When your image files and folders are lost or deleted accidentally, recycle bin is the place where they will be moved. If you have lost or deleted the image files and have not yet emptied the recycle bin folder, then go to recycle bin folder and click on restore all files option or else select the particular files you want and click on restore button
- Just open recycle bin folder from your desktop or the Start Menu
- Here, you will see all the files and folders that are deleted or lost from your computer. Search for the lost photos or the folder containing images
- Then, right click on the image or the folder and choose restore option to restore back the deleted image files or folder
If you are unable to find lost or erased images with above two methods, then the final option left out with you is using reliable data recovery tool like Remo Recover software to find lost pictures in few easy-to-execute steps. This software supports recovery of almost all image formats such as TIFF, GIF, NEF, CRW, ARW, CR2, RAW, BMP, PNG, DNG, PSD, JPG, JPEG, etc. In addition, it can also be used to recover lost as well as erased images from formatted, corrupted, reformatted, damaged, and crashed external hard drives, memory cards, pen drives, USB flash drives, FireWire drives, jump drives, and other storage devices.